Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Roller Coaster

This is how life feels right now. I went to see Harley this morning and for the first time she actually pulled on the lead when she saw me, trotted over and laid her head in my lap. That's a good sign. The bad news is her platelet count is still low and she's still not eating. This afternoon they started her on prednisone to try to boost her appetite. I was hoping that she could come home today so that we could have a few days with her before we leave town. Unfortunately, she's not out of the woods yet. Now I'm thinking about skipping the Wichita leg of vacation. Jim would go and teach then come home Wednesday night and we'd leave for Arkansas on Thursday. It would wind up being the same amount of time in Arkansas. It's not like I can do anything for her right now, I just feel really bad thinking about leaving town while she is still sick. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

I have a grant that I have to finish up and deliver tomorrow. I have a few paragraphs left but am having a horrible case of "I hate everything I write". My goal is to sleep on it tonight, get to the office early tomorrow and pound it out while my head is still clear (or as clear as it gets right now).

1 comment:

MNScrapbookmom said...

Not sure what you will decide to do... I am here if you need to talk or email. If not, have a great time with whatever you decide. Times are tough... I am thinking of Harley and hope that she pulls out of this Yuck soon.
Take Care and be safe... ¥