Tuesday, July 22, 2008

On the Mend???


I am so ready for this puppy dog to be home! I think she is too. I stopped by to check on her this morning. She had a bit more pep than yesterday. She's gotten her catheter out but was still on IV fluids. She had been on the medicine for less than 24 hours so even minimal improvement was a good sign for me. The vet tech said she also thought that Harley was perking up a bit. I certainly don't expect her to be fully bouncing off the walls for a bit since it's been two weeks since she's eaten. The original vet will be back tomorrow so hopefully we know then. I can't say enough for the vet and his staff. They have been so accommodating and you can tell they love my baby girl too. I'm really hoping tomorrow she can come home. Of course, she has to go back Saturday to be boarded for the week we're out of town.

Jim is in Chicago tonight. Robert finally went down a little after 8. I haven't eaten. I have a small head ache and I know it's tension from worrying about the dog. It's too quiet here. The cat thinks it's perfect.. just he and I stretched out on the bed. I'm really hoping that Robert has a good night so that I get some sleep. There is so much to do before we leave town Sunday and I have a full plate at work too. It will all get done, it always does. These back to back trips are a killer.

Lately I feel like I just don't have enough time to give 100% to everyone. If there are dishes in the sink I feel guilty about playing with Robert. But if he goes to sleep and I realize we haven't had any quality time together I feel guilty about that. I know I should be up cleaning and doing laundry right now but I'm just too tired.... and it's the season finale of Deadliest Catch followed by Flipping Out... yeah, I've got my priorities straight.

1 comment:

MNScrapbookmom said...

Wishing Harley much love as she recovers. Poor puppy. :(
Dishes in the sink... the story of my life. Something has to give right? My kitchen is never clean -or the way that I want it cleaned.
Get your needed rest when you can... and you can't miss your shows. That will just throw everything off.lol... :) ¥